Private Equity and Venture Capital
Private equity and venture capital funds, portfolio companies and institutional funds face complex challenges in the pursuit of their investment objectives. The industry is under pressure to deliver above average returns, deploy capital during unpredictable business cycles and manage a broad range of investment risks. Successful transactions demand advisers with deep market experience, commerciality and efficiency in delivering astute advice.
Our private equity and venture capital team is well-equipped to advise domestic and international clients on each phase of the fund life-cycle. We have extensive experience in fund establishments and structuring, buy-outs, bolt-on acquisitions, growth capital investments, exits, competitive auction processes, leveraged finance and refinancing, taxation and warranty and indemnity insurance.
Through our expert team, HWL Ebsworth offers its clients unrivalled value for money, market-leading expertise and a proven record of executing complex private equity and venture capital transactions.
- Allegro Funds Management on its sale of Great Southern Rail, the operator of The Ghan, The Indian Pacific and The Overland, to Quadrant Private Equity;
- Eureka Funds Management on its acquisition by AXA Investment Managers, representing a significant expansion of AXA’s real assets operations in Asia-Pacific;
- Colonial First State Global Asset Management on its acquisition of Water Utilities Australia from Blue Sky Alternative Investments Limited;
- Funlab, the operator of Strike bowling bars and Sky Zone trampolines centres, on its sale to private equity firm Next Capital;
- Hoyts on its acquisition of Active Media Group, from Oaktree Capital Management; and
- South Australian Government on the launch of the $50 million South Australian Venture Capital Fund, of which Blue Sky Venture Capital was the fund manager.