Sydney | Full time
- Be part of the #1 ranked national ECM team that completed over 100 deals raising in excess of $1.7bn in 2020
- Broaden your experience with one of the largest C&C organizations legal groups in Australia
- Benefit from close interaction with partners as your experience on blue chip transactions grows
- Flexible work arrangements
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Our Sydney Corporate & Commercial Practice Group comprises of 80 Partners and Staff across a number of speciality areas and is part of a National group of 260+ Partners and staff.
We are proud to offer our staff unrivalled career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential and we are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth is committed to supporting flexible working arrangements for our employees to assist them in balancing their professional and personal commitments. To support this, the firm offers a flexible working arrangement whereby professional staff members can elect to work a portion of their week remotely.
We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic candidate to join our impressive and highly regarded Sydney Corporate practice working with Partner James Lonie and his team. As part of a close-knit team you will work on an interesting and broad mix of equity capital markets, fund structuring, public M&A, private treaty M&A, strategic advice and corporate governance work. This is an amazing opportunity to work on high value matters and collaborate with our team and prominent client base.
Scope of role
The successful candidate will assist in listed and institutional / wholesale, regulated (predominantly Listing Rule and Corporations Act) and private transactions including:
- Equity capital markets transactions – for example, entitlement offers, placements and security plans;
- Private and public M&A – such as schemes of arrangement, takeovers and sale of business and securities transactional work;
- Advisory work including on areas involving securities regulation, corporate governance and director duties advice; and
- Fund and investment structuring, security holder agreements and related documentation.
Candidates are not expected to have such a broad range of transactions and technical areas of law as the areas referred to above, but rather a willingness to learn and be involved.
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
- 4+ years PAE
- Some experience in securities transactions (such as ECM or M&A)
- Strategic and critical thinking capabilities
- Desire to develop leadership skills to assist in developing our junior cohort.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Steve Lalic on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0411 047 054.
Applications close Thursday 16th December 2021.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.