Brisbane | Full Time
About the job
As a result of a growing pipeline of work, the HWL Ebsworth Corporate team is seeking to hire an experienced Associate or Senior Associate in Brisbane. The role is an outstanding opportunity for someone with strong technical skills and a commercial approach, who is seeking a role that involves working closely with partners and developing deep relationships with clients.
In this role you will join a high performance team, working primarily in regulated and unregulated mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings (from initial start-up funding to initial public offerings and secondary raisings) and general corporate advisory, head office (including governance advice and compliance advice in respect of the ASX Listing Rules and Corporations Act) and commercial contract work.
Working closely with Stewart Ebbott and Cameron Jorss, you will have the opportunity to advise clients from start-ups and private businesses, to ASX-listed entities and large unlisted public companies, with a focus on the Food and Agribusiness, Technology, Transport, and Health Sectors. The role requires experience in the full lifecycle of corporate transactions, from preliminary stages including structuring, scoping and planning and due diligence, to drafting and negotiating transaction documents such as a sale and purchase agreements or disclosure documents, and the implementation and management of the completion process.
We welcome individuals who thrive in an environment where building relationships, technical excellence and commercial acumen are of interest. You will be given the opportunity to work closely with Partners to achieve the best outcome for clients.
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
- 3-5+ years PAE within a reputable corporate practice.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills to deliver technically and commercially astute advice.
- Proven experience in preparing and negotiating transaction documents and commercial contracts, advising on governance agreements and drafting corporate head office advice.
- Strategic and critical thinking capabilities.
- Strong commitment to developing and maintaining your own networks to support the development of the group.
- Well-developed project and relationship management ability.
- The skills to work autonomously and mentor junior colleagues and allocate resources to ensure effective utilisation of the team.
- HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Our Brisbane Corporate & Commercial Practice Group comprises of 35 Partners and Staff across a number of speciality areas and is part of a National group of 260+ Partners and staff.
- We are proud to offer our staff unrivalled career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential and we are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
- HWL Ebsworth is also committed to supporting flexible working arrangements for our employees to assist them in balancing their professional and personal commitments. To support this, the firm offers a flexible working arrangement whereby professional staff members can elect to work a portion of their week remotely.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Steve Lalic on email@example.com or 0411 047 054.
Applications close Thursday 28th April 2022.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.