Sydney | Full time
- Be part of the #1 ranked national ECM team that completed over 100 deals raising in excess of $1.7bn in 2020
- Broaden your experience with one of the largest C&C organizations in Australia
- Have an impact on clients by unlocking opportunities for them to succeed
- Flexible work arrangements
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Our Sydney Corporate & Commercial Practice Group comprises of 80 Partners and Staff across a number of speciality areas and is part of a National group of 260+ Partners and staff.
We are proud to offer our staff unrivalled career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential and we are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth is also committed to supporting flexible working arrangements for our employees to assist them in balancing their professional and personal commitments. To support this, the firm offers a flexible working arrangement whereby professional staff members can elect to work a portion of their week remotely.
We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic candidate to join our impressive and highly regarded Sydney Corporate practice working with Partner Grant Hummel and team. As part of the team you will work on an interesting mix of equity capital markets, public M&A, private treaty M&A, strategic advice & corporate governance work. This is an amazing opportunity to work on top tier matters and collaborate with our prominent client base.
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
- Equity capital markets transactions;
- Private and public M&A, including sale of business and share transactional work;
- Corporate governance and director duties advice;
- Business set up, structuring, shareholder agreements and related documentation;
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting various contractual arrangements including distribution, licensing and procurement agreements.
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
- 2-5 years PAE
- Experience in ECM & M&A
- Strategic and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong leadership skills to assist in developing our junior cohort.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Steve Lalic on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0411 047 054.
Applications close Sunday 12th December.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.