Sydney | Full Time
- Broaden your experience in a range of industry sectors on complex procurement matters.
- Work with Government clients as well as ASX listed companies, large national property developers and contractors.
- Flexible work arrangements – Remote working and part-time arrangements are available.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Our Sydney Construction & Infrastructure Practice Group comprises of 10 partners and 40+ staff across a number of speciality areas and is part of a national group of over 93+ people, including 20+ partners.
The team acts for a range of government clients at Federal, State and Local levels on exciting construction and infrastructure projects.
We also act for large contractors, property developers and other industry participants, including ASX listed companies. Our projects include work in a broad range of industry sectors including industrial, mixed use commercial/retail and residential, civil projects, automated warehousing, infrastructure and waste. Our private clients include some of Australia’s largest property developers, infrastructure owners, universities and schools, major banks, national contractors and specialist subcontractors.
Due to ongoing growth our client base and the volume of ongoing projects, we require a front end/projects lawyer to work in our highly regarded procurement team.
As part of the team you will be working on some of the most complex and strategic procurement and projects advice and transactions for the country’s largest and most interesting clients. You will be working across a variety of project structures and contract forms, including PPP projects, D&C Contracts (with and without ECI elements), Managing Contractor Contracts, Services Agreements, Australian Standard and other industry forms of contract, Alliance Contracts, Access Agreements and all other forms of contracting used in the construction and infrastructure industry. Our team has a wide variety projects and clients which requires (and produces) great lawyers.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic, down to earth team where we value team work, mentoring and support.
The successful candidate will:
- enjoy working on a range of diverse matters;
- value and embrace direct client contact;
- be comfortable exercising initiative and having a level of autonomy commensurate with their experience;
- be willing to take on tasks and challenges outside of their usual comfort zone to develop more fully as a professional; and
- enjoy being part of a growing and exciting team of professionals.
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
- 4+ years PAE.
- Experience in procurement within one or more of the industry sectors identified.
- Strong leadership, mentoring and management skills to assist in development of more junior lawyers.
- Strong technical and communication skills.
- A ‘can do’ approach.
- A team player who enjoys collaboration.
Our Offer to You
We are proud to offer our staff unrivalled career development opportunities and to assess each individual according to their merits and contribution. Through our unique career planning session framework we are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress and to reach their potential. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth is also committed to supporting flexible working arrangements for our employees to assist them in balancing their professional and personal commitments. To support this, the firm offers a flexible working arrangement where professional staff members can elect to work a portion of their week flexibly from home.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Steve Lalic on email@example.com or 0411 047 054.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.