Sydney | Full Time
- Broaden your experience by advising significant Government clients on complex procurement matters
- Work with Federal, State and local Government clients.
- Flexible work arrangements – Remote working and part-time arrangements will also be considered for the right candidate.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Our Sydney Construction & Infrastructure Practice Group comprises of 10 partners and 40+ staff across a number of speciality areas and is part of a national group of over [1,500+] people, including [260+] partners.
We are currently acting on the largest multi billion dollar strategic procurement for the Department of Defence.
The team is engaged to support the Department of Defence on its significant and ever-changing and expanding explosive ordinance acquisitions over the coming years.
The team acts for the most interesting government clients at all levels including Defence, CSIRO, Treasury, NSW Education, Investment NSW and Local Councils undertaking exciting projects such as the new Sydney Airport (Liverpool and Blacktown) , waste to energy (Byron), ECI processes (Sydney City).
Be part of THE national ‘go to’ government procurement team and take your career to the next level.
We are proud to offer our staff unrivalled career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential and we are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth is also committed to supporting flexible working arrangements for our employees to assist them in balancing their professional and personal commitments. To support this, the firm offers a flexible working arrangement whereby professional staff members can elect to work a portion of their week remotely.
We have a career defining opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious, ‘can-do’ candidate to join our impressive and highly regarded Sydney Construction and Infrastructure and Government Projects working with Scott Alden and team.
As part of the team you will be working on some of the most complex and strategic procurement and projects advice and transactions for the country’s largest and most interesting government clients. This is a unique and amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level and be a part of a large and increasingly growing practice which is the ‘go to’ team for procurement, projects and probity advice in the country.
- Strategic complex procurement advice to all tiers of government, of
- Procurement advice on the largest Defence and other government projects
- Major transaction advice and management
- Advising on Procurement disputes and project disputes and negotiation and facilitation of dispute avoidance and settlement
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting tender documents and contracts
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
- 5+ years PAE
- Experience with government transaction (relateable, interstate and overseas experience considered), procurement, construction and commercial
- Business Development and marketing skills
- Strong leadership, mentoring and management skills to assist in development of more junior lawyers
- A ‘can do’ approach
- Great team player
- Desire and ability to nurture and develop existing clients with ambition and hunger to continue to grow and develop the practice to be the sought most sought after Procurement and Government team in Australia
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Steve Lalic on email@example.com or 0411 047 054.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.