SYDNEY | FULL TIME
- Benefit from close interaction with partners, strong peer support and structured career track mentoring;
- Exposure to work with a leading government partner; and
- Flexible work arrangements including remote working.
We’re not your typical law firm.
HWL Ebsworth Lawyers is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. We provide legal advice to clients across a broad range of areas, which allows our team to experience working on an extremely diverse range of projects. Our rapid rise to become the largest legal partnership in Australia has required us to be dynamic, nimble, forward thinking and committed to fostering a supportive working environment.
We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic candidate looking for advancement opportunities to join our impressive and highly regarded Commonwealth practice in the capacity of a Solicitor/Associate. As part of a close-knit team, you will have the opportunity to work with Scott Alden, the partner of the practice group, on an interesting mix of projects and procurements for the government.
You will have great written skills, a sharp eye for detail, the ability to work well autonomously, while also enjoying collaborating with the broader team. Able to think strategically, make valuable contributions and bring great ideas to the table to help deliver an optimal experience to our clients.
Scope of role
The successful candidate will be engaged in:
- Direct client access;
- Close collaboration with Partners in a strong team environment;
- Supportive training and mentoring;
- Advising top tier clients on liability, strategy and risk management; and
- Ability to analyse information concisely and provide pragmatic and adaptable legal advice.
Skills and Experience
Specific skills and experience for this role include:
- 2+ years PAE;
- Experience in Commonwealth Government;
- Required clearance Baseline;
- Desirable Negative Vetting Level 1 (NV1);
- Experience in Procurement, Probity and Government Projects;
- Ability to draft clear and concise correspondence;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to deal with clients and other parties;
- A willingness to learn;
- A ‘can do’ approach; and
- Team player.
We offer our staff career development opportunities, and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential. We are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth is also committed to supporting flexible working arrangements for our employees to assist them in balancing their professional and personal commitments. To support this, the firm offers a flexible working arrangement whereby professional staff members can elect to work a portion of their week remotely.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Laura Harrison on email@example.com or +61 2 9138 2363.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.