William Abbott is a Consultant at HWL Ebsworth specialising in Corporate and Commercial Law with an emphasis on company acquisitions, structuring, mergers, reconstructions, capital raising, IP start ups and disposals.
William’s areas of expertise also cover voluntary administrations, estate and trusts, international business structuring, sales and purchases of businesses and fundraising including preparation of prospectuses, trust deeds, and managed investment schemes.
William’s industry experience includes having been an Executive Director of a range of public companies involved in marble mining, mortgage origination, intellectual property, satellites and money lending.
William’s recent experience includes:
- The Issue of Prospectus for a public company rights issue;
- Company restructuring for an Australian holding company and foreign subsidiaries;
- Australia/USA, Australia/Singapore, Australia/Hong Kong and Australia/England company structures;
- Structuring an IP start up with an English holding company;
- Providing all documentation required for the start up (Confidentiality Agreements, Employee Agreements, Contactor Agreement etc.);
- Restructuring an IP start up to raise funds in the United Kingdom;
- Negotiations with the ATO with respect to the taxation of a substantial distribution from a foreign trust to Australian resident beneficiaries; and
- Restructuring an Australian company with US subsidiaries.