Tony has over 25 years’ experience in insurance law, specifically in the areas of self-insurance, workers’ compensation, public liability, professional indemnity and policy interpretation.
Tony takes a practical, common sense approach to the resolution of claims, with a particular focus on achieving the best and most cost-effective result for his clients.
Tony’s recent experience includes:
- Large mining company: Acting on behalf of a large mining company in defence of a large claim for personal injuries involving significant issues in the industry including fatigue management and rostering practices;
- Public liability insurer: Acting for a public liability insurer in the defence of multiple claims including a catastrophic claim arising out of a fireworks accident;
- Professional indemnity: Acting in defence of an uninsured client in a professional indemnity matter with respect to a large dependency claim; successfully extricating the client from the claim without any financial contribution;
- Large mining company: Advising a large mining company in relation to contractual interpretation and the successful enforcement of contractual indemnities; and
- Large self-insured: Acting for a large self-insured in defence of a claim for personal injuries involving issues of road maintenance and dust suppression.