Shane’s areas of practice are workers compensation, work health and safety and allied employment issues.
He develops and coordinates the delivery of strategic advice and representation to employers, claims agents, insurers and self-insured employers on all areas of workplace risk.
Shane has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Occupational Health & Safety Law and Personal Injury Litigation law and has been listed in Doyle’s Guide as a leading ReturnToWork and Workers Compensation Lawyer (Defendant) in South Australia.
Shane’s recent experience includes:
- Employers: Assisting registered employers in applying to become a self-insured employer in South Australia;
- Self-insured employers: Advising self-insured employers on the legal and regulatory issues arising under the Code of Conduct for Self-Insured Employers in South Australia;
- Employers, insurers, claimers agent and self-insurers: Strategic advice to and representation of registered employers, insurers, claims agents and self-insurers on the management of their workers compensation portfolios in South Australia and the Northern Territory;
- Catastrophic or fatal injury: Advice on and management of all risks associated with a catastrophic or fatal injury in the workplace;
- Unlawful discrimination: Defending claims of unlawful discrimination in the workplace;
- Due diligence and resolution: Managing the due diligence and resolution of workers compensation claims and liabilities associated with the sale or restructure of a business;
- Legislative changes: Training and advice on the implementation and application of legislative changes in South Australia and the Northern Territory;
- Work health and safety policies: Advising on the development and review of work health and safety policies;
- Officer duties and liabilities: Advice and training on officer duties and liabilities under the Work Health and Safety Act; and
- Discrimination: Training and policy review on discrimination, harassment, bullying and workplace rights.