Shane has 10 years’ experience working as a commercial solicitor in private practice.
Shane has gained broad experience in corporate and commercial law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions (in particular private treaty acquisitions and joint venture investments). He has particular experience in commercial contract drafting and negotiation as well as undertaking legal due diligence exercises (for both vendors and purchasers).
Shane holds a Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Major).
Shane’s recent experience includes playing an integral role in the corporate team that completed the following matters:
- S. Kidman & Co Ltd: Advising Australia’s largest private landholder in relation to its recent sale process, which extended for over 18 months and ended in the eventual sale to Australian Outback Beef Pty Ltd (a joint venture company between Hancock Prospecting and Shanghai CRED) by way of off-market takeover for $386.5 million;
- Colonial First State Global Asset Management: Advising in relation to its acquisition of Water Utilities Australia, a South Australian based business which supplies reclaimed water for household use and urban irrigation and bulk water for agricultural use;
- Adam Internet: Advising Greg Hicks on the sale of Adam Internet to iiNet Limited for $60 million (and prior to that on the proposed sale to Telstra Limited);
- Dr Jones & Partners Medical Imaging: Advising the principal group of Dr Jones & Partners Medical Imaging radiologists in relation to their acquisition of a 51% interest from I-Med Network in the Dr Jones & Partners Medical Imaging facilities, infrastructure and management business;
- Australian Vintage Limited: Advising in relation to its sale of the Yaldara Winery and Brand to 1847 Wines for $15.5 million; and
- Codan Limited: Advising in relation to its acquisition of Minetec, a mining technology business based in Western Australia.