Sarah has 16 years experience in personal injury insurance law. She practices in both the common law and statutory schemes in public and product liability, medical negligence, motor vehicle and workplace accidents. Sarah also advises defendants in professional indemnity claims, construction law disputes and allegations of false imprisonment, and has appeared in Coronial Inquiries.
Sarah acts for private, Territory and Commonwealth Government insurers, embracing the Model Litigant Obligations whilst being proactive and resolution focussed.
Sarah is a member of the ACT Law Society Civil Litigation Committee, and is actively involved in changing ACT court and litigation processes.
Sarah’s recent experience includes:
- A Commonwealth Government Department: Acted in relation to a catastrophically injured cyclist;
- Private insurer: Acted in respect of a significant food poisoning outbreak resulting in over 100 injured claimants;
- Medical defence organisations: Acts in relation to claims arising from advice or treatment by doctors and hospitals;
- ACT Insurance Authority: Acts on uninsured employment injury and motor vehicle accident claims; and
- Large scale litigation: Acts on matters involving multiple defendants, indemnity and insurance issues, complex cross-claims.