Rick specialises in professional indemnity, general and product liability, asbestos claims and all aspects of litigation. Rick also provides advice to a range of corporations in respect of the scope of their insurance cover, and insurance and contractual risks.
Rick has acted for a large number of insurers over a period of more than 30 years , with his main clients currently being AIG, Chubb, Comcare and Amlin (London).
Rick has been recognised as a leading expert in the areas of his practice by Best Lawyer™ Australia® and Doyle’s Guide.
Rick’s recent experience includes:
- AIG: Acting on its behalf in the Great Southern Plantations and Black Saturday Bushfire class actions;
- AIG: Acting for insured accountants, financial advisors, engineers and property managers in professional negligence claims;
- Chubb: Defending a claim arising out of the implementation of a new business computer service system;
- Amlin (London): Defending a claim by Citylink for loss of road toll revenue arising out of the collapse of a crane on an adjacent construction site; and
- QBE386: Acting in relation to recalls and business interruption claims arising from the defective manufacture of an agri-science biotech product used to provide plant growth and resilience.