Rachel advises on government commercial transactions, specialising in information and communications technology contracts, including hardware and software acquisitions, enterprise wide licensing, transformation and renewal projects. She is experienced in all aspects of best practice contracting in government and regularly advises on tendering and procurement.
Rachel believes in the importance of legal advice that supports value for money in all government transactions, vibrant and productive working relationships with industry and high standards of probity.
She has advised on a broad range of complex projects and strategic Commonwealth contracting issues including risk allocation, indemnities, insurance, the financial framework, performance based contracting, IP, privacy and regulatory compliance issues.
- IP Australia: Advising on privacy impacts of online virtual assistant and webchat services, including potential integration with variety of online platforms;
- Australian National Audit Office: Advising on a major ICT sourcing project;
- Defence: Currently advising in relation Defence estate and infrastructure matters, recently seconded to CASG to advise on Defence commercial contracts;
- Australian Sports Commission: Advising on a specialised contract to govern arrangements for the Athlete Management System, being a program and database for management of medical, performance and coaching information in relation to Australia athletes; and
- Sonic Australia: Advising in relation to commercial contracting arrangements for the delivery of an national cancer screening program.