Philip specialises in professional indemnity, directors and officers, general liability and life insurance advice and litigation. Philip also acts for a number of educational and religious entities and assists them in all aspects of their businesses including in governance, internal disciplinary matters and in dispute resolution.
Philip assists a large number of insurers in the general and life insurance industries. Philip’s clients include Allianz, Chubb, Enstar, CommInsure, TAL, AMP and OnePath.
Philip is recognised as a leading expert in the areas of his practice. Industry recognition includes Best Lawyers™ Australia in the areas of corporate/governance practice; insurance; product liability litigation and professional malpractice litigation; Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Lawyer in the area of professional indemnity and as a key partner in Asia Law Profiles.
Philip’s recent experience includes:
- Allianz: Advised Allianz and particular insureds in their responses to and appearances before the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
- Chubb: Acting for an officer of a national building company in Federal Court proceedings concerning project certification disputes;
- Enstar: Acting for an insured municipal authority in Supreme Court proceedings involving a road and easement certification dispute;
- CommInsure: Acting for CommInsure in Supreme Court proceedings commenced by an insured in respect of disputed income protection claims and involving non-disclosure allegations; and
- AMP: Acting for AMP in its capacity as a life insurer in defence of litigated claims for payment of TPD; TTD; Trauma; IP and death benefits.