Peter van Rompaey
Peter is a consultant in the Commercial group and advises clients across a diverse range of industries on commercial matters ranging from strategic transactions to daily requirements. He offers technical expertise in commercial law matters including distribution agreements, franchising and licensing, distribution and channels to market strategies, terms and conditions of trade, shareholder and joint venture agreements, Competition and Consumer Law and mergers and acquisitions.
His experience with Competition Law extends to pricing, distribution, market issues and compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct, Oilcode and the Horticulture Code of Conduct.
Peter’s recent experience includes:
- Franchising clients: Advising on due diligence and sales of large retail franchise groups, review and “best practice audit” of franchise and related agreements for a national distributor, all negotiations, documentation and post completion issues relating to the appointment by the international corporate client of an Australian master franchisee by an international franchisor, and franchisor full suite documentation;
- A manufacturing company: Advising on a merger involving complex due diligence, creative/non-uniform documentation and project team leadership;
- A State Government: Advising on the negotiation and finalising the acquisition of key assets, infrastructure and transitioning land access rights for over 80 sites spread throughout the relevant State;
- A State Government: Advising on the negotiation and finalising of contractual terms for a major upgrade of that Government’s emergency telecommunications system;
- Large groups: Advising various groups ranging from automotive after market to banking franchisees on Competition Law advice relating to pricing issues and collective bargaining, Section 155 notices, related notifications and related communications with ACCC; and
- Petroleum distribution clients throughout Australia: Advising on all aspects of the daily and strategic requirements of the company, its documentation and legislative advice.