Nima has extensive experience advising Australian and foreign entities in the financial services, private equity and venture capital sectors and provides transaction and structuring assistance on cross-border and domestic matters.
Nima specialises in corporate and international tax and regularly advises on all facets of mergers and acquisitions, borrowing/lending, structured financing and investment.
In addition to being a lawyer, Nima is also a qualified Chartered Accountant.
Nima’s recent experience includes:
- CHAMP Private Equity: Advised on the CHAMP IV Funds’ structure, shareholder and external debt financing and management equity plans for various investments;
- CHAMP Private Equity: Advised on the CHAMP IV Funds’ acquisition of a 50% interest in the Containerchain Group;
- Affinity Equity Partners: Advised on the post-transaction tax integration of the acquisition of the Medical Director business from Primary Healthcare;
- Off-shore lending syndicate led by the Bank of Montreal: Advised on the tax aspects of Element Finance Corporation’s $8.5bn acquisition of GE Capital’s vehicle fleet management business in the US, Mexico, Australian and New Zealand; and
- Various Australian and foreign financial institutions: Advised on the tax aspects of multiple forms of financing (syndicated, mezzanine, notes/debentures, refinancing) including the negotiation of interest withholding tax exposures, the public offer interest withholding tax exemption and the application of the FATCA regime.