Nicholas specialises in Life Insurance & Financial Services, and General Insurance matters including Casualty and Professional Indemnity.
Nicholas assists insurers and bankers in his practice areas.
In the 2016 Doyle’s Guide, Nicholas was recognised in categories of Leading in Professional Indemnity, and Recommended in Public Liability. Nicholas has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Insurance Law. Nicholas is a regular presenter to the Life Insurance Industry.
Nicholas’ recent experience includes:
- Life insurers and reinsurers: Advises on complex Policy wordings;
- Life insurers and trustees: Represented in various Group Income Protection and Permanent Disablement Benefit actions; and life insurers in significant and diverse Retail Claims;
- TAL: Represented TAL in 2016 in the landmark NSW Court of Appeal Decision of Shuetrim;
- Casualty/liability claims: Acted on behalf of insurers and self-insureds in casualty / liability claims; and
- General insurers: Acted on behalf of general insurers in subrogated recovery actions involving explosions and escaping fire.