Michael specialises in insurance litigation and advice to insurers in South Australia and the Northern Territory, including public liability, professional indemnity, compulsory third party, recoveries and worker’s compensation (NT).
Michael assists numerous clients, comprising national general insurers, specialist insurers, international insurers, claims managers, government departments and large corporations.
Michael has been listed by Doyle’s Guide as a recommended leading Public Liability Lawyer 2015.
Michael’s recent experience includes:
- Liability claims and litigation: Advising insurers in a large range of liability claims and litigation, including public and product liability, personal injury, compulsory third party and property damage;
- Professional indemnity claims: Advising insurers in relation to professional indemnity claims, including builders, engineers, architects and financial services;
- Recovery claims: Advising insurers on recovery claims, including fire, flood, large loss motor vehicle and other property loss;
- Indemnity and policy response: Advising insurers on indemnity and policy response, including conducting investigations of fraud, defending declinatures and policy exclusions and conditions; and
- Litigation: Advising insurers in litigation arising in the Northern Territory, including workers compensation, public liability, recoveries and CTP (for interstate insurers on statutory recovery proceedings.