Maria is a Partner in HWL Ebsworth’s Sydney office. She has over two decades of legal experience with wide-ranging commercial and financing expertise. Her practice also has a particular focus on the automotive sector.
Maria advises in diverse corporate and commercial transactions, including on corporate structuring, acquisitions and sales of businesses and corporate entities and commercial leasing. Her experience also encompasses a variety of banking and finance matters.
Outside the automotive sector, Maria also advises clients spanning a very broad range of sectors including property, banking, transport, services, information technology and telecommunications.
Maria’s recent experience includes:
- Various motor dealerships: Advising various motor dealerships on disposals and acquisitions, including on a $40 million dollar share sale of a motor dealership group to a public company and on a separate over $200 million acquisition of a dealership group from an overseas public company as well as various other acquisitions and disposals of dealership businesses and dealership properties, generational restructures and business succession and general dealership operational matters;
- Motor vechicle distributors: Advising motor vehicle distributors on matters relating to advertising and marketing of motor vehicles, various commercial agreements and property leases;
- A fleet lease company: Acting on its $30 million sale to a public company;
- A buyer of a private bus company business: Acting for a buyer on an $80 million acquisition of a private bus company business involving multiple depots, routes and service contracts, and various vehicles and property;
- Major manufacturers: Advising major manufacturers on international manufacturing and distribution agreements, and establishing joint ventures between Australian companies and overseas associates;
- Leading lenders: Advising on alliance agreements for financial services, various supply and service agreements as well as on structuring and documentation of loans and security products;
- Various clients: Acting on Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA) compliance. Maria has been a regular presenter in the legal and business community on the PPSA and the Australian Consumer Law; and
- Various clients: Advising in relation to Trust Deeds for Self Managed Super Funds (SMSFs), discretionary, unit and hybrid trusts and limited recourse borrowing arrangement documentation including Product Disclosure Statements and company constitutions.