Luke practises in the areas of corporate and commercial law, with a particular focus on intellectual property law and brand protection, technology law, media and entertainment law and trade practices issues including franchising, competition and consumer protection.
Luke manages trade mark portfolios for large corporate clients and helps to protect their brands in Australia and throughout the world in all key markets. He has specific expertise in negotiating and drafting a wide range of commercial documents, including licensing agreements, distribution agreements and technology transfers. Luke also prepares and advises upon ACCC Notifications and Authorisations, Enforceable Undertakings and trade practice compliance programs.
Luke is recognised in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Commercial Law and Intellectual Property law. Additionally Luke has been recognized as the Intellectual Property Law “Lawyer of the Year” for Adelaide. Asia Pacific Legal 500 notes Luke’s ability to handle complex intellectual property issues. Doyle’s Guide (2017 edition) names Luke as a Pre-eminent Intellectual Property Lawyer and a Leading Technology, Media & Telecommunications Lawyer in South Australia.
Luke’s recent experience includes:
- A leading technology company: Advising in relation to negotiations with third parties for the acquisition of certain software and intellectual property, including associated licensing arrangements;
- A provider of technology and communication solutions: Advising in relation to the launch of new eCommerce websites and the drafting of associated legal documentation;
- FMCG brand owner: Advising in relation to trade mark oppositions and registrations in Australia and multiple overseas territories;
- Australian-based franchisor: Advising regarding Franchising Code of Conduct, competition and brand protection issues, both in Australia and overseas; and
- A sector-leading brand owner: Advising in relation to the acquisition of third party domain names and protection of new brands in key overseas territories.