Lindsay Reed is a Partner with expertise in providing direct and indirect taxation advisory and dispute services.
Lindsay has over 30 years’ experience in the areas of business tax, capital gains tax, GST, international taxation, corporate tax, restructuring, superannuation, state duties, payroll taxes and land tax, as well as tax controversies in both Federal and State jurisdictions.
Lindsay has been named in Best LawyersTM Australia for Corporate Law.
Lindsay’s recent experience includes:
- Joint venture: Advising on a joint venture between an industry super fund and the South Australian State Government in setting up a biotechnology fund;
- Joint venture: Advising on a joint venture between an industry super fund and ANU on establishing a research fund and joint venture;
- Institutional clients: Advising institutional clients on taxation and structuring advice for inbound and outbound investments;
- Tax and GST: Advising on and conducting tax and GST controversies at audit and objection stages within the ATO’s internal review process, as well as AAT and Federal Court level;
- State Revenue controversies: Advising on and conducting State Revenue controversies including Duty, Payroll Tax and Land Tax at audit level and on appeal in multiple state jurisdictions;
- Asset and share purchases: Advising and conducting asset and share purchases for inbound and outbound investments; and
- Corporate reconstructions: Advising on and conducting corporate reconstructions.