Leonie is a Special Counsel in HWL Ebsworth’s National Insurance Group, specialising in Health Law.
Leonie’s recent experience includes:
- Advising and acting on behalf of medical defence organisations, medical practitioners, nurses, healthcare facilities and government entities in relation to a wide variety of health related issues, including catastrophic claims, aged care, disability and home care, assault and trespass, apprehended personal violence orders, risk management, legislative change and reporting requirements, privacy, confidentiality, consent, capacity and Guardianship matters;
- Litigation in the Supreme Court and District Courts of New South Wales;
- Assisting health professionals and healthcare facilities to respond to unlitigated matters and complaints to the Health Care Complaints Commission and professional bodies;
- Representing health professionals in disciplinary inquiries, prosecutions and appeals before the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal and Professional Standards Committees; and
- Acting on behalf of and advising health professionals in relation to employment matters including in response to internal investigations.