Julie Hamblin specialises in health law, clinical risk, medical research, privacy and regulatory issues in health care. She has more than 25 years’ experience acting as a legal advisor to the health sector.
She advises doctors, hospitals and other health care providers on regulatory compliance, medical negligence, disciplinary complaints and risk management. She also works as an international development consultant on health and human rights, particularly in relation to HIV and AIDS.
For the last 10 years, Julie has been named in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers® for Health & Aged Care Law, Insurance Law, Medical Negligence and Product Liability Litigation.
Julie’s recent experience includes:
- Multiple IVF providers: Advising IVF providers on legal and compliance issues relating to gamete donation and surrogacy;
- Professional registration board: Assisting a professional registration board with the investigation and determination of professional conduct complaints;
- Healthcare: Advice on clinical risk and risk management for hospitals and other health care providers;
- Specialist medical professional association: Drafting a code of practice for a specialist medical professional association, including advice on complaint handling procedures; and
- Therapeutic legislation: Advising on the interpretation of therapeutic good legislation relating to the advertising of therapeutic substances.