Johnny practices in virtually all areas of Australian taxation law, including CGT, PAYG, GST, FBT, Super Guarantee and State taxes. He regularly advises on the structuring and/or restructuring of businesses entities and commercial transactions for a range of clients, including public companies, property development entities, high wealth individuals and offshore investment vehicles.
Johnny also specialises in the resolution of taxation disputes and complex audits involving both State and Federal revenue authorities. He has consistently delivered successful outcomes for clients in the majority of tax cases. Johnny also advises on superannuation regulatory matters and possesses a strong knowledge of SMSFs as he was formerly an executive officer of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
Johnny’s recent experience includes:
- Targets and acquirers: Advising on taxation of commercial transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, restructures and demergers;
- Trust and superannuation entities: Advising on their taxation requirements including unit trusts, discretionary trusts, testamentary trusts, charitable trusts and self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs);
- Corporate companies: Advising on their restructuring requirements including the application of CGT rollovers, small business CGT concessions and tax consolidation measures;
- Foreign entities: Advising on their taxation requirements, including the operation of international tax treaties, withholding tax rules and CGT concessions; and
- Employers: Advising on the taxation of employee share schemes, employment termination payments and other employee entitlements.