John McCombe is a Consultant in the Commercial Group with specialist expertise in mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, regulatory compliance (listed and unlisted entities) and equity capital markets.
His experience includes complex domestic and cross-border acquisitions and divestments (businesses and shares), Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules regulatory advice, including notices of general meetings, related party transactions, buy-backs and capital reductions, fundraising (including prospectuses, placement and rights issues, convertible notes), shareholders agreements, shareholder activism (including removal of directors and requisitioned meetings) and corporate restructures.
Prior to becoming a Consultant, John was a Partner in the Commercial Group of HWL Ebsworth for 5 years and a corporate partner at Corrs Chambers Westgarth for 28 years.
John has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Corporate Law, Corporate/Governance Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
John’s recent experience includes:
- PPK Group Limited: Advising on various private treaty acquisitions, including Exlec Group, Connexa, Diversified Mining Services, placements and rights issues and corporate governance advice;
- Subzero Group Limited: Advising on ASX back door listing and associated acquisitions and re-structure;
- Transact Financial Securities Limited: Advising on defence of regulated takeover offer by majority shareholder;
- Stamford Capital Australia Pty Ltd: Advising on private treaty cross acquisition and sale and joint venture arrangements; and
- Numerous foreign airlines: Advising on corporate aspects of Australian start ups.