John is a member of the Brisbane Commercial team and specialises in mergers and acquisitions and State taxes such as stamp duty, land tax and payroll tax. John has over 20 years experience working in these areas.
John assists a wide range of clients in may industries including, including listed entities, joint ventures and private entities in the property development, entertainment, industrial, corporate, financial services and agricultural sectors.
John’s recent experience includes:
- A client: Advising on the corporate and stamp duty aspects of an acquisition of a major Gold Coast resort hotel.
- A client: Advising on a reverse takeover proposal for an ASX listed company.
- A multinational joint venture: Advising on the purchase of a number of agricultural businesses in Queensland and NSW.
- A major hotel chain: Advising on Queensland and South Australian payroll tax liability arising from the payroll tax grouping provisions in those States.
- A major insurance intermediary: Advising on their liability to pay stamp duty on overseas travel insurance policies in all Australian States and Territories.