Jocelyn is a Consultant of HWL Ebsworth and has broad commercial and property law experience. Jocelyn advises an established client base on commercial and property law, with expertise in property development projects, mergers and acquisitions, business and corporate structure and restructure, foreign investment and international business advisory (in particular, China).
Jocelyn is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese with a deep understanding of Chinese and Asian culture in business transactions especially with respect to Asian investment in Australia. Jocelyn is also a registered migration agent and specialised in significant business investment visas and AAT appeals under the migration division.
Jocelyn’s recent experience includes:
- Investor group: Advising in relation to a property development project of 530 apartments on Melbourne’s city fringe with the construction costs of $250 million. Jocelyn has been involved in the project structures (including tax), land partnership agreement, development partnership agreement, development agreement and project management agreement;
- Chinese property developer: Assisting with a managed fund with the target capital raising amount of AUD$60 million to fund a AUD$600 million project;
- HK listed company: Advising and assisting with its FIRB internal reorganisation application;
- Significant Investor Visa (SIV): Advising on and assisting with the setting up of a SIV (Significant Investor Visa) Fund under the Complying Investment Framework with three components including commercial property projects, Venture Capital and Growth Private Equity Funds and Emerging Companies;
- Chinese company: Assisting in its acquisition of an Australian company and its APVMA registrations (Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority) and due diligence; and
- A Chinese client: Advising on the potential acquisition of one of Australia’s prestigious golf courses and associated businesses and developed land in receivership sale, including due diligence and the tender process.