Jeremy is a Partner in HWL Ebsworth’s Corporate and Commercial Team in Melbourne. He has worked on a large range of transactions involving business sales and acquisitions, joint ventures, venture capital, private equity, takeovers, schemes of arrangement, capital raising and corporate restructures. Jeremy also regularly advises in respect of corporate governance issues.
Jeremy advises clients in a variety of industries including agribusiness, food and beverage, financial services and has particular expertise in health and aged care.
Jeremy is recognised as a leading M&A lawyer in peer review publication “Best Lawyers”, “The Legal 500 Asia Pacific”, “Doyle’s Guide to the Legal Profession in Australia” and also in “Australasian Legal Business” in respect of private equity. Jeremy has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Commercial Law, Corporate Law, Health and Aged Care and Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
Jeremy’s recent experience includes:
- McMillan Shakespeare Limited: On its $115 million acquisition of Presidian Holdings and $42 million acquisition of United Financial Services;
- Telstra: On a strategic investment into Whispir Limited, a cloud based computing company, by Telstra Limited;
- Australia Pacific Airports Corporation: In relation to the joint venture arrangements in respect of the ownership of Melbourne and Launceston Airports;
- Siemens Venture Capital GmbH: In respect of its investment into an emerging technology business in Australia; and
- Foster’s Group Limited: In respect of aspects of the $12 billion demerger of Foster’s Group Limited’s beer and wine businesses.