James specialises in advising commercial insurers and self-insurers and government agencies in relation to liability claims and risk management.
James assists insurance clients in relation to liability claims arising in the sports and leisure industry. James also assists insurers in relation to recoveries arising from property damage.
James’ recent experience includes:
- Commercial insurer: Advising in relation to a recovery claim of approximately $3 million arising from damage to commercial office premises;
- State government agency: Advising in relation to contractual provisions relating to indemnities and insurance and risk management strategies;
- Commercial insurer: Advising in relation to a significant liability claims arising from an outdoor education training activity;
- Liability: Advising a self-insured regarding a liability claim arising from its maintenance of lifts in a commercial office building; and
- Liability: Advising a self-insured in relation to a liability claim made by a labour hire employee injured on the client’s premises.