Ginger is a special counsel based in the Melbourne office and is a key member of the Chinese inbound investment team. Ginger is a qualified legal practitioner admitted in both China and Australia and has spent 13 years working in China, having recently returned to Australia, in late 2016.
Ginger has 20 years’ experiences in working with Chinese, Australian and MNCs, in mining and resources, major infrastructure, construction, energy and renewable energy, and property development projects.
Ginger’s experience includes advising:
- Peabody Energy: Worked as head of legal advising on the comprehensive PRC legal framework and approval procedures for the companies investment into the China coal market;
- Siemens China: Worked as senior legal counsel to intensively participate in supply contract drafting and on the negotiation of the first offshore wind farm in Jiangsu Province, China;
- Sino-Steel: Advised a Chinese largest state-owned steel trading company’s investment in two iron ore projects in Western Australia;
- China’s four biggest steel mills: Advised on a major mining joint venture with BHP Billiton in Western Australia. The joint venture exported and supplied iron ore to the value of $US9 billion to China’s steelmakers for 25 years; and
- Beijing Municipal Government: Advised on the Beijing No. 10 Water Treatment Plant BOT project. This included the drafting of bidding documents for BOT water project, assisting the government to select the bidder and participating the negotiation on behalf of the government with the selected bidder.