Gail specialises in energy and resources law. She assists clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including the automotive, electricity and mining industries.
Gail has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Corporate Law, Energy Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Mining Law, Natural Resources Law and Oil & Gas Law and as a “Leading” Energy and Resources Lawyer in Victoria by Doyle’s Guide.
Prior to joining HWL Ebsworth in 2008, Gail had been a partner at Blake Dawson Waldron (now Ashurst) and Gadens and worked as a legal adviser at CRA Limited and Electrolytic Zinc Company of Australasia Limited.
Gail’s principal areas of practice are:
- Resources and energy law, with a particular emphasis on the regulation of the electricity industry (including advice on regulatory instruments, co-generation projects, connection and supply agreements, electricity hedges and REC agreements) and advising in relation to mining and exploration (particularly gold, copper, uranium, oil shale, coal and coal seam methane); and
- Corporate advice and commercial contracts (including advising on the Corporations Act, ASX and other regulatory requirements, advising on governance issues, advising on and drafting contracts across a wide variety of areas, corporate reconstructions, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and joint ventures, share issues and placements and trusts).
Gail’s recent experience includes:
- Alliance Resources Limited on a range of matters relating to its 25% interest in the Four Mile Uranium Project in South Australia including litigation in the Supreme Court of South Australia and Federal Courts. She also acted in relation to the Wilcherry Hill Project (also in South Australia) and on exploration projects in Jordan and Chile;
- Australian Energy Market Operator Limited on connection agreements for the Ararat and Moorabool Wind Farms and has advised on interpretation of the National Electricity Law and Rules;
- Huntsman Corporation Australia Pty Ltd on a wide variety of tenders and supply agreements and its gas and electricity supply contracts in NSW, Victoria, Tasmania and New Zealand; and
- Venture DMG Pty Ltd in relation to its contractual arrangements on the termination of manufacturing in Australia by GMH and Ford.