David specialises in toxic tort litigation, workers compensation and public liability claims.
David acts exclusively for insurers and self insureds. He assists clients across a broad range of industries, including energy and resources, manufacturing, property management, transport and insurance.
David was named in the 2016 Asia Pacific Legal 500 Directory as one of Australia’s “leading individuals” for insurance law. He is a member of the NSW Law Society’s Personal Injury Specialist Accreditation Committee.
David’s recent experience includes:
- Compensation claims: In 2015 David achieved a significant Appeal result of general application to NSW workers compensation claims. This reduced the liabilities of all NSW insurers and self insureds across the board. In 2016, David successfully resisted a challenge to this outcome;
- Multiple major corporations: For over a decade, David has assisted major corporations in managing actuarial aspects of personal injury portfolios;
- Indemnity matters: Acted in several complex disputed insurance indemnity matters involving long tail liabilities;
- Multiple major corporations: Assisted major corporations in determining actuarial aspects of classes of claims; and
- NSW Scheme Agent insureds: Acting as preferred legal provider to several NSW Scheme Agent insureds.