For more than 20 years, Craig has specialised in providing high level guidance to underwriters, both in Australia and London, on a wide array of complex defence and coverage issues arising in respect of D&O, professional services, reinsurance and commercial risks.
Craig has achieved significant success in assisting insureds (and through them, underwriters) respond to claims involving allegations of breach of statutory and common law duties, breach of contract and breach of trust, as well as regulatory and official investigations.
In addition, Craig provides the strategic direction and commercial acumen necessary to deliver strong results to underwriters in policy analysis and response, coverage and monitoring roles.
Craig’s recent experience includes:
- Publicly listed company: Successfully defending chairman of publicly listed company in multi-million dollar law suit arising through management of hostile takeover;
- Underwriters: Providing critical strategic guidance to underwriters in management of devastating and high profile commercial loss;
- Publicly listed company: Robustly defending multiple directors of publicly listed services company in array of investigations and compensation claims arising after the financial collapse of company;
- Damages claim: Successfully defending public services utility in relation to alleged breach of statutory and common law duties in significant commercial fire claim; and
- Major professional services business: Successfully defending major professional services business in heated multi-million dollar claim involving need to focus on and manage key commercial sensitivities.