Christopher specialises in Insurance and Commercial litigation, with considerable experience in professional indemnity and directors and officers liability insurance, providing policy interpretation and indemnity advice. Christopher also has considerable claims experience in the areas of general and complex liability claims involving personal injury, property damage and loss including Construction Risk and ISR (business interruption) claims. Christopher also assists clients with Financial Risks claims including for Financial planners, Funders, Managers and Banks/Credit Unions.
(business interruption) claims. Christopher also assists clients with Financial Risks claims including for Financial planners, Funders, Managers and Banks/Credit Unions.
Chris has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Insurance Law.
Christopher is and has been an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation for over 16 years and has been the Chairperson of the Commercial Litigation Advisory Committee of the Law Society of New South Wales for over 10 years and a member of the Committee for many years before that. He is a member of the Curriculum Advisory Panel for the College of Law’s Master of Applied Law (Commercial Litigation Course).
For many years Christopher has been a lecturer in the Master of Laws Course at the University of NSW.
Christopher is a regular long time presenter at the ‘Year in Review’ seminar held by AILA/ANZIFF each year and has presented extensively on liability claims and the development in the Law in Australia.
Christopher’s recent experience includes:
- Vietnam mining project: Coverage and defence issues for a design and construct mining project in Vietnam for a claim in excess of $130m.
Acting in the defence of a $50million claim involving engineers associated with the Lane Cove Tunnel;
- Obeid family: Christopher is currently acting in a claim in which members of the Obeid family are suing the former ICAC Commissioner and others alleging they engaged in misfeasance in public office;
- Multiple companies: Advising underwriters and acting on behalf of Directors in respect to the defence of multi million dollar Village Life class action which was conducted in both the Supreme and Federal Courts;
- Former GIO company officer: Acting for a former GIO company officer in the first ASIC investigation involving a non-director which included attending on the ASIC investigations and subsequent Supreme Court class action proceedings; and
- Personal injuries: Acting in numerous personal injury claims on construction sites including Catastrophic claims such as paraplegia.