Cameron is a corporate lawyer who specialises in assisting companies and managed funds to meet their requirements in raising capital, implementing mergers & acquisitions and complying with their corporate governance obligations.
His capital raising experience covers all aspects of initial public offers, rights issues, placements, share purchase plans and dividend reinvestment plans.
Cameron has advised bidders and targets on a variety of friendly and hostile mergers & acquisitions, and has implemented corporate restructures through court approved schemes of arrangement. In addition to public transactions he has significant experience in acting for sellers and buyers in private sales and purchases of companies and businesses.
In conjunction with his corporate background, Cameron also has substantial experience with the establishment and promotion of managed funds.
Cameron has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for his expertise in Corporate Law, Corporate/Governance Practice, Funds Management and Mergers and Acquisitions Law. Additionally Cameron has been recognized as the Funds Management “Lawyer of the Year” for Brisbane.
Cameron’s recent experience includes:
- Listed property trust: Advising on the establishment and the stapling of its units to shares in a listed development company, including the preparation of a constitution, compliance plan and a stapling deed to effect the stapling of units to the shares;
- Construction company: Advising on the establishment of a property trust for a listed construction company, including the preparation of a constitution to govern the trust during three phases of its life: first, as a wholesale fund; second, as a registered managed investment scheme under the Corporations Act; and third, as a listed trust;
- A $100 million business: Acted in relation to the IPO of a $100 million business managing serviced apartments, including the complex restructure of the business pre-float from numerous entities to one holding company in a tax effective manner, and a subsequent $36 million rights issue;
- Stapled securities: Advised on a $78 million IPO of stapled securities (units in a property trust stapled to shares in a development company) and listing on the ASX including the preparation of a combined product disclosure statement and prospectus and management of the due diligence and verification programmes;
- National financial services business: Acted for the vendors in the sale of the business to an ASX-listed professional services firm;
- National consulting engineering firm: Acted in connection with its acquisition by a global private equity fund for a consideration of approximately $60 million;
- Public mining service company: Advised on a $30 million investment by an Australasian private equity fund, including negotiation of a subscription agreement and a shareholders agreement;
- Queensland private equity fund: Acted on a partial exit from one of Australia’s major vegetable seedling businesses;
- Listed engineering services company: Advised on its annual directors’ report, including compliance with the content requirements of the Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules and ASX Corporate Governance Council Principles and Recommendations; and
- One of Australia’s largest electricity supplier: Advised on its continuous disclosure obligations under the ASX Listing Rules, including in relation to related party transactions.