Ari Schachna is a Partner of HWL Ebsworth and provides clients with expert advice and tailored support in all areas of taxation and taxation implications for major business transactions, particularly the acquisition and disposal of businesses and property. He offers technical expertise in all areas of taxation planning and structuring, including Capital Gains and Income Tax, corporate taxation, Australian Taxation Office audits, GST, State taxes, succession and estate planning, and property sales and purchases.
Ari also has significant experience in corporate and commercial law, specialising in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and corporate advisory.
Ari has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Commercial Law.
Ari’s recent experience includes:
- A significant private investor: Advising on the commercial and taxation aspects in the disposal of a significant interest in a publicly listed company;
- A property development entity: Advising on a multi-jurisdictional property transaction, including technical taxation and stamp duty advice;
- A foreign purchaser of an Australian based entity: Providing advice, including conducting an extensive due diligence;
- A number of accounting and legal firms in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland: Providing advice, including detailed and extensive taxation advice; and
- A number of large private and publicly listed companies: Providing ongoing taxation advice.