For over 17 years, Andrew has specialised in advising Australian and London based insurers on complex claims as both defence and coverage counsel in disputes involving professional negligence and breaches of contract, D&O insurance, general liability, business interruption and ISR policies.
In Doyle’s Guide 2016, Andrew has been ranked as ‘Recommended’ in the category of Financial Lines.
Andrew’s recent experience includes:
- Leisure management company: Acting as coverage counsel for the D&O insurers of a publicly listed leisure management company in respect of claims and statutory investigations following the death of four patrons;
- Queensland racing club: Acting as defence counsel for the corporate liability insurers of a Queensland based racing club in respect of claims and statutory investigations following the death of two labour-hire employees;
- Financial services company: Acting as defence and coverage counsel for the insurer of a director and company secretary of listed financial services company in response to ASIC investigations;
- Property: Acting as coverage counsel with multi-policy exposure following the financial collapse of one of Australia’s largest private infrastructure projects. The coverage role involves the protection of underwriting interests against risk in an environment of external administration;
- Professional negligence: Acting for a group of international underwriters as first excess insurers in a $60 million professional negligence claim made against a prominent Queensland professional services firm; and
- Major international underwriter: Acting for international underwriter in a multi-million dollar claim by a state-government authority against a national firm of architects. The claim concerns the impact of the allegedly defective design and construction of a major allied-health facility.