Andrew specialises in dispute resolution in the context of common law-based insurance schemes and also administrative benefit and review schemes.
Andrew has particular expertise in common law personal injury claims, dust disease claims and workers’ compensation matters – in particular, claims for psychological injury arising from management action.
Andrew also assists doctors in respect of complaints, coronial inquiries and investigations.
Andrew is also a Registered Migration Agent and assists businesses and individuals to obtain Australian visas.
Andrew has been named in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers™ Australia for Government Practice law.
Andrew’s recent experience includes:
- General insurers: Acting in respect of personal injury, property damage, product liability and medical negligence claims in the Australian Capital Territory and New South Wales courts;
- Australian Government agencies: Acting in claims made pursuant to the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 (Cth) and associated proceedings in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT);
- Medical practitioners: Acting on coronial inquests, regarding complaints made to the ACT Health Services Commissioner and the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Association, and investigations conducted by the ACT Health Protections Service;
- Companies and individuals: Acting for companies and individuals seeking Australia visas. Andrew often acts for Australian and overseas companies seeking to sponsor foreign workers on subclass 457 (temporary ) and Employer Nomination Scheme (permanent) work visas. Andrew also acts for individuals seeking business and investment visas, including the Significant Investor visa; and
- Independent Investigator: Assisting the legal team supporting the Independent Investigator (Professor Dennis Pearce AO) for Allegations of Workplace Bullying and Other Unreasonable Behaviour in the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).