Alistair advises clients on a wide range of legal issues. He has extensive experience in litigation, in particular involving general corporate and commercial disputes, insurance, building and construction projects, property and strata title issues, intellectual property, defamation and competition and consumer law litigation.
Alistair also provides general competition and consumer law advice and has set up, maintained and advised compliance programmes.
Alistair has been name in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Insurance Law.
Alistair’s experience includes:
- Cascade Coal: Acted for Cascade Coal in the successful defence of a cross-claim brought against it in Federal Court proceedings;
- Boom Logistics: Acted for a subsidiary of Boom Logistics in Federal Court proceedings seeking multi-million dollar damages from a vendor of allegedly defective equipment;
- International abritration: Acting for a multi-national company which provides logistics services in a successful international arbitration;
- Major insurers: Acting on behalf of 2 major insurers in regard to several multi-million dollar claims relating to the failure of Aquatherm piping; and
- CBRE: Acting for CBRE in a damages claim where consideration of the Frustrated Contracts Act is required.