Alexandra is a Partner in the HWL Ebsworth’s National Insurance Group. She has expertise in Health Insurance, Medical negligence, Professional indemnity and Public liability.
Alex is a panel solicitor for the Motor Accidents Insurance Board of Tasmania.
Alexandra’s recent experience includes:
- Multiple medical practitioners: Acting for and advising medical practitioners in the defence of claims for professional negligence, disciplinary proceedings, inquests and statutory bodies;
- Professional negligence: Acting for various other professionals such as dentists, radiographers, real estate agents and pharmacists in the defence of claims for professional negligence, before disciplinary bodies, in anti-discrimination matters and common law actions;
- Medical law: Acting for both plaintiffs and defendants in common law medical negligence matters;
- Public liability: Acting for insurers in public liability claims which have involved both personal injury and property damage. Providing advice on matters of indemnity, liability, quantum and strategy. Undertaking major recovery actions including insured and uninsured losses; and
- Personal injury and product liability claims: Acting for a major utility in relation to liability matters which involved political sensitive personal injury and product liability claims.