The updates include new requirements for officials to:
- Check the ability of suppliers to meet Standards that apply to goods and services and compliance with those Standards.
- Check compliance with regulations and regulatory frameworks, including:
- labour regulations, including ethical employment practices;
- occupational, health and safety; and
- environmental impacts.
- Consider the economic benefit of the procurement to the Australian economy if the procurement is valued at over $4 million.
For further information please contact:
For information on our Government Group click here.
Important disclaimer: The material contained in this publication is of a general nature only and is based on the law as at 1 March 2017. It is not, nor is intended to be, legal advice. If you wish to take any action based on the content of this publication we recommend that you seek professional advice.