Real Estate and Projects
In recent years the Australian property market has experienced extraordinary growth, particularly on the eastern seaboard. Whilst there are a number of factors to consider, the primary reason is there is substantial local and foreign capital that consumers want to invest.
Over the past 24 months residential growth has been strong and the industrial sector has been extremely competitive. During this period we have also seen commercial properties have a resurgence due to low vacancy rates in certain markets.
We see the future of Australian property to continue to grow in a number of sectors in certain markets. In other less buoyant markets, opportunities continue to be taken on a longer term and often structured basis.
As markets and sectors evolve and change, clients require depth of experience, flexibility in thinking and exceptional value for money in identifying and dealing with risk. The size and depth of the HWL Ebsworth National Real Estate and Projects Group is particularly well placed in this regard.
With property law experts on the ground in each of our nine offices across Australia, our Real Estate and Projects team can meet your legal needs no matter where the location. We are the only Australian law firm that can offer a fully integrated service covering property development, acquisition and disposal, management and leasing, as well as planning requirements. We also frequently work with our Construction & Infrastructure and Planning & Environment teams to provide clients with seamless end-to-end project service. This ensures consistency in service delivery, reporting and invoicing, and translates to outstanding value.
The Real Estate and Projects team has an intimate understanding of the Australian property market, which ensures our lawyers are well placed to provide you with tailored and commercial advice at each stage of your property project or investment. Our goal is to develop a strategic partnership with our clients – one which recognises the importance of service excellence, cost efficiency, innovation and teamwork. This begins with developing personalised relationships and providing timely and proactive advice.
The firm has invested heavily in technology over the past few years to enable our Real Estate and Projects team to deliver cutting edge service delivery to our clients.
- Cbus Property: Retained to act on their recent joint acquisition (with Scentre Group) of the much sought-after David Jones 77 Market Street, Sydney site;
- Abacus Property – we are now retained as Abacus Property’s sole legal service provide for property matters in Australia. This work spans the commercial, retail and residential sectors, including the proposed sale of the World Trade Centre in Melbourne;
- Coombes Property Group: We have a long history with this group and our recent work has included 28 O’Connell Street, Sydney purchase and the Gateway Shopping Centre Darwin development;
- Longhurst Property Group: Retained to act on the acquisition of Edgecliff Centre, Edgecliff including advising through the competitive EOI process;
- MTAA Superannuation: Retained on the sale of the client’s joint interest in 60 Margaret Street/Met Centre, Sydney;
- Insurance Commission of Western Australia: Acted on the sale of the CBD office towers at 219 – 221 St Georges Terrance and its sale of CBD office towers at 167 Georges Terrace;
- Melbourne Airport: Acted in relation to the leasing of in excess of 40 tenancies at the new Terminal 4;
- Australia Post: We act on all aspects of leasing, acquisitions, disposals and property advisory across their retail post office, distribution centres and office network, and in relation to their surplus retail and other space;
- Bunnings Group Ltd: Leasing and sale of various commercial properties across Australia;
- We act for Australia’s largest residential developers including PEET Limited, Stockland, Leda Group, Metro Property Development, MAB Corporation and Mirvac Group. Nationally, the Real Estate and Projects team handle in excess of 15,000 conveyances each year;
- Our industrial property expertise is market-leading, which is recognised by the fact that we act for Australia’s largest industrial landlords, including Goodman, Mirvac, Stockland, Logos Property and Salta Properties; and
- Our national leasing expertise is a mainstay of our on-going work for most of the above client plus we have a well known expertise in corporate real estate including for such clients as Macquarie Corporate, ING, Competitive Foods, WesTrac, I-Med Radiology and Viva Energy.