Our Mergers and Acquisitions group offers proven expertise in all core M&A practice areas. We work closely with clients and their advisers to identify key value drivers and strategic objectives to deliver successful commercial outcomes.
We have extensive experience in advising on: negotiated acquisitions and disposals, and competitive bid private treaty transactions; regulated takeovers; demergers and schemes of arrangement; joint ventures and exit strategies; cross-border M&A, inbound and outbound investment, and regulatory (FIRB) approvals; corporate restructures and reorganisations; capital reductions and share buy-backs; and corporate governance, directors duties and ASX compliance.
Our team has experience in providing M&A services to clients across a broad range of industries, including: financial services and fund managers; energy and resources; infrastructure; manufacturing, import and distribution; transport and logistics; health and pharmaceuticals; IT and software; media and government.
We negotiate, structure, document and advise on transactions on behalf of our clients, while meeting the demands and challenges posed by compliance and regulatory requirements. We focus on providing clients with access to senior lawyers who provide timely, commercially-driven advice.
As a full service firm, we are able to offer expertise across key areas required as part of an M&A offering, such as tax, finance, competition, FIRB, IT/IP, employment, property, insurance and litigation, and we also offer in-house virtual data room capability.
Our relevant experience includes acting on the following matters.
- Minor International PLC: advising on its successful hostile takeover bid for the Oaks Hotel Group Limited.
- CSR Limited: advising CSR on a series of complex transactions culminating in its acquisition of Luna & Valk's distribution business.
- Strata Control Systems: acting on the sale of Strata Control Systems to Orica Limited (share and asset sale), including seller due diligence, deferred consideration arrangements and associated re-structuring.
- GroundProbe: acting on the sale to private equity house Crescent Capital, including implemeting a management roll over structure.
- ShanDong Tianye Mining Group Co.: advising on its acquisition of a 100% interest in Minjar Gold, a Western Australian Gold Miner.
- Quantum daVinci: sale of 80% of the Quantum Group to daVinci - the largest property fund manager in Japan.