Construction and Infrastructure
The construction industry operates within a complex framework of codes, regulations, legislative requirements and budgetary measures. Contractors, government, sponsors and stakeholders need expert advice in order to assist with the navigation of this framework with a view to achieving the best outcome for major projects. The right advice means that project requirements are more likely to be met and optimal outcomes achieved.
HWL Ebsworth’s construction and infrastructure lawyers have a proven track record of working successfully with principals, government, sponsors, financiers, contractors and service providers across a range of sectors, including mining and resources, rail, roads, water, health, telecommunications and building.
Our national construction and infrastructure team has a long history with the construction sector and understands the industry well. We have a large dedicated national team undertaking projects such as PPPs, major infrastructure projects, residential and mixed-use including low-rise, mid-rise and high-rise developments, child care centres, hotels and various other commercial developments.
Our legal services include:
- Project structuring and tender strategy;
- Contracting, subcontracting and procurement (including supply, D&C, EPC, O&M and BOOT);
- Public Private Partnerships (PPPs);
- Claims, management and contract administration;
- Infrastructure agreements;
- Industrial relations advice;
- Property, planning and environmental advice;
- Joint ventures;
- Construction dispute resolution, mediation, expert determination and arbitration;
- Risk management; and
- Specialist commercial advice.
- Gold Coast Private Hospital PPP;
- Ravenhall Prison PPP, Vic;
- ACT Law Courts PPP;
- Gold Coast Light Rail Project;
- Wynyard Walk project, Sydney CBD;
- 111 Mary Street, Brisbane (CBD tower);
- Stage 3, Brisbane Skytower;
- Gold Coast Airport LIFT redevelopment;
- Southbank TAFE Redevelopment, QLD;
- Kogan Creek Power Station, QLD;
- Queensland Pacific Motorway Upgrade;
- S1 Tunnel Project, QLD;
- Sydney Desalination Plant;
- Victorian Desalination Plant; and
- Murrumbidgee Irrigation Pipeline Project, NSW.