HWL Ebsworth's Equity Capital Markets (ECM) practice advises nationally on complex corporate matters and has a well earned reputation for achieving successful outcomes for its clients.
Our ECM practice provides first rate service to ASX and other exchange listed companies, unlisted public and large private companies, government owned entities, corporate advisory firms, private equity and venture capitalists, underwriters, responsible entities of managed investment schemes and fund managers. We work collaboratively with major accounting firms, investment and merchant banks, corporate advisory firms and private equity funds on major transactions.
Our ECM expertise covers:
- primary equity issues (IPOs and backdoor listings);
- secondary equity issues (rights issues and private placements);
- wholesale equity issues (information memoranda);
- hybrid security issues (preference shares, convertible notes, debentures and bonds);
- lead broker agreements and mandate letters;
- product disclosure statements and FSR compliance;
- share purchase and dividend reinvestment plans;
- employee share and option schemes; and
- ASX Listing Rules, ASX Operating Rules, ASX Clear Operating Rules and ASX Settlement Operating Rules compliance.
Our relevant experience includes acting on the following matters.
- Linc Energy (SGX: TI6) on its high profile switch of bourse from the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) to the Singapore Exchange (SGX). This was the first instance of an ASX listed company delisting and immediately relisting on the SGX, requiring vast amounts of documentation on novel issues;
- Australian Careers Network Ltd (ASX: ACO), a vocational education and training provider, on aggregation issues and on all related corporate legal advice in relation to the group's Initial Public Offering (IPO) and ASX listing;
- Simonds Group (ASX: SIO), one of Australia's leading home builders, on various business aggregations and on its IPO on the ASX, raising a total of $161 million;
- 99 Wuxian Ltd (ASX: NNW), a mobile commerce operator which operates solely in China, on its IPO and ASX listing, involving raising $20 million by the issue of CHESS Depositary Interests;
- eCargo Holdings Limited (ASX: ECG) on its IPO and $40 million capital raising by the issue of CHESS Depositary Interests; and
- G8 Education Limited (ASX: GEM) on the successful completion of its unsecured corporate notes offer raising a total of $70 million.