Debt Capital Markets
As financial markets become increasingly volatile and with bank funding costs on the rise, corporate treasurers are looking at alternatives such as the wholesale and retail debt capital markets to raise funds.
HWL Ebsworth offers deep experience and knowledge of a variety of debt securities and transactions.
Acting for issuers, arrangers and other participants, members of our team have advised on and documented numerous capital markets transactions including domestic EPN, MTN and STN programmes and issues, Euro bond and note issues, Yen note issues, Kangaroo bond issues, 144A and US private placement transactions and various securitisation transactions. We have also acted on related derivative transactions both standard ISDA and more complex structured transactions.
We have also documented and advised on structured note issues, convertible notes, exchangeable note issues and issues relating to securitisation transactions.
- Various organisations: Acting on bond and MTN and STN programmes for GPI, Dexus, Investa, RMB Securities, Aviation Australia and New South Wales Treasury Corp;
- Arranger: Acting for Arranger on securitised STN issues for Harvey Norman, Davids and Scottish Pacific and on CMBS progammes for Centro, Leda, Investa and MCS;
- Westfield/Scentre Group: Acted on numerous Euro, s144A and Australian domestic MTN issues and 20 ISDA Master Agreements;
- Various ADIs and government issuers: Documenting MTN issues for various ADIs and government issuers;
- Major property trust: Documenting a long term CPI indexed linked bond for a major property trust;
- A major Australian trading bank: Acting as arranger of several s128F compliant debt securities programs for the Australian financing subsidiaries of international banks and other corporations for the issuance of TLCs, CDs, CP and MTNs; and
- Lehman Brothers Australia/Grange Securities: Acting for arranger of several secured domestic bond issues by local governments and subordinated and unsubordinated debt programs for Australian credit unions.