Our national team of finance experts has experience in all facets of development and investment financing in the commercial property market acting for both financiers and sponsors. We offer a breadth of knowledge across many property classes, including subdivisions, apartment towers, industrial precincts, shopping centres, commercial office buildings, multi-use developments, listed and unlisted property funds, hotels, resorts and other serviced accommodation.
We recognise that to provide successful and timely service to our clients, our team must have the back up and support of other specialists. We work closely with our colleagues in related areas of property, construction, planning and environment, taxation and health and aged care.
Our team prides itself on its ability to structure property finance transactions often involving a complex set of regulatory and tax issues. This may involve documenting intercreditor arrangements between senior, mezzanine and equity participants, considering the application of laws regulating managed investment schemes or advising on development agreements and financier step in and cure rights with government authorities or departments.
Some of the more significant matters the team have completed include:
- acting for the financiers in relation to the senior $398 million construction and term debt facility for the Queen Victoria project, comprising retail, office and residential precincts, and the recent refinancing of that facility;
- acting for the senior financiers in relation to the $293 million facility for the development of the Eureka Tower development at Southbank;
- acting for the senior financiers in relation to the financing of the successful bid by Babcock and Brown and Citta Property Group to redevelop the St Kilda Triangle site;
- acting for the financier in relation to an A$110M acquisition and development facility for the development of the Guilfoyle Apartments comprising retail stores, 353 residential apartments and car parking facilities;
- acting for a mezzanine lender in respect of a A$400m construction finance facility to the Raptis Group to fund the construction of the “Towers of Chevron Renaissance” mixed use, residential, hotel and retail development at Surfers Paradise; and
- acting for a major Australian Financial Institution in respect of a senior debt structured finance facility for the development of the mixed use residential, marina and cruise ship terminal on surplus land adjacent to the Townsville Breakwater Casino to be constructed in partnership with the State of Queensland, Tabcorp Limited, the Townsville Port Authority and Consolidated Properties Ltd with an end project value of $1 billion.