The Australian Agriculture industry is a significant growth area attracting a great level of multinational interest, as well as government involvement. The highly regulated industry is subject to a multitude of compliance requirements and legal issues including property and leasing, supply and distribution arrangements, environmental compliance, sale and purchase agreements, water rights and foreign investment review board requirements.
We have a long standing, industry focussed, national practice, and the team is dedicated to staying on the front foot with industry specific changes and regulatory requirements. Our specific industry experience, across a broad range of practice areas, allows us to leverage this knowledge and provide sound commercial advice to businesses operating in agriculture. From large, highly publicised transactions to day to day legal guidance and requirements, we are able to assist agricultural business at all stages.
- S. Kidman & Co. Limited (Australia’s largest cattle property covering almost 24,000 square kilometres and comprising 10 cattle stations) in relation to its $386 million sale, by way of off-market takeover;
- China Dairy Corporation Limited on its IPO and ASX Listing, with a market cap of $145 million;
- Seeka Kiwifruit Industries on the $22 million purchase of Bunbartha Fruit Packers;
- The South Australian Government on the $670 million divestment of the State Government’s interests in a large parcel of Forestry plantations in the State’s South East;
- The purchaser in relation to its acquisition of the $100 million Walhallow Station and Creswell Downs aggregation;
- Japfa Santori, an Indonesian publically listed corporation, in relation to the acquisition of Inverway and Riveren Cattle Stations in the Northern Territory;
- Natures Dairy Australia in relation to the construction and financing of a new milk processing facility;
- ABB Grain Limited (now Viterra) in relation to its $1.4 billion capital restructure following the loss of the South Australian barley single desk. This work included advising on constitutional amendments and the restructuring of its share classes (which included classes with particular rights for grower members); and
- Grant Burge on the sale of Grant Burge Wines to Accolade Wines.