Intellectual Property for start-ups: what you should know
Intellectual property can be a key asset of any growing business - your inventions, brands, trade secrets and other IP can set you apart from your competition, and protecting this advantage can be crucial to your success. This seminar will highlight some of the key intellectual property law challenges likely to be faced by entrepreneurs, providing practical guidance to assist those grappling with IP issues for new and emerging businesses, including:
- How to walk the line between disclosure and confidentiality;
- Adopting appropriate protection strategies, at the right time;
- Ensuring ownership of intellectual property when outsourcing and collaborating;
- Branding basics - what, when and how; and
- What investors will be looking for.